Prevent Work Related Health Problems
3/10/2014 1:18:57 PM
- You should refrain from slouching while you are seated.
- You should use a seat which is well-padded and offers back support. -Adjust the backrest so it is angled and supports your lower back.
- Take a break from sitting every hour.
- Do exercises like stretching your arms and legs, rotating your ankles and flexing your feet.
- Take care to see that the armrest is of proper height. An arm rest can help reduce the load on your shoulders.
- Place computer screen at eye level so that you do not have to look up or down continuously.
- To avoid twisting your neck while typing, center your monitor and keyboard in front of you.
- Use a phone headset to reduce the strain on your neck.
- Rotate your neck by turning your head softly to the left side and hold it for few seconds. Repeat the same process for the right side.
- Make sure that your keyboard is low enough that your wrists aren't bending upwards while you type.
- While working on a computer, your hand, wrist and forearm should extend in a straight line.
- Rotate your wrists regularly, around every hour or so.
- It is ideal to place the monitor about an arm's length from your eyes. If you cannot read the contents, just increase the font size.
- Relax your eyes at regular intervals by looking away from your computer at least every 20 to 30 minutes and gaze at a distant object for at least 20 seconds.
- Blink your eyes often as it is the simplest form of eye exercise and it re-wets your eyes to prevent dryness and irritation.